Myeloma Patients Europe (MPE) has launched a Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) Workgroup on Access. The CEE Workgroup forms part of the Myeloma Access Atlas, the MPE programme designed to assist members in identifying and developing strategies to overcome the national barriers to accessing high standards of diagnosis, treatment and care. The Workgroup is steered by MPE, but the agenda is driven by members in CEE countries who wish to participate.
The Workgroup is chaired by MPE board members, Kristina Modic, also CEO of our Slovenian member Slovensko Združenje Bolnikov Z Limfomom In Levkemijo L&L, and Biba Dodeva, President of our Macedonian member BORKA.
The main goals of this group are to:
- Identify key challenges affecting access to high standards of diagnosis, treatment and care in CEE countries
- Information sharing between CEE organisations and MPE
- Problem-solving on national and European access challenges
- Ensuring MPE is aware of regional challenges faced by members and the patients/carers they represent
- Two-way communication between CEE members and MPE
- Identifying and addressing knowledge gaps in CEE advocacy
- Publishing reports on key issues identified
- Ensuring MPE can advocate effectively with industry and other stakeholders on issues affecting CEE countries
If you are a patient or patient advocate in the CEE region and interested in participating in the work of the group, please enter your contact details here/in the form below.
Alternatively, you can email Kate Morgan directly at email@example.com