Our Medical Advisory Committee advises MPE and provides evidence-based recommendations to our team and members in support of advocacy initiatives. It is comprised of key opinion leaders representing myeloma and AL amyloidosis specialities, as well as MPE’s member countries. They update us on myeloma and AL amyloidosis disease, diagnostics and treatments.
The activities of the Medical Advisory Committee are defined by the patient community’s current unmet needs and concerns, and are organised around clinical practice, research, technical and medical questions. Its members give talks, webinars and interviews at scientific conferences, review communication documents, answer clinical questions, disseminate and participate in surveys, collaborate on research projects and join discussion groups on selected topics. The Medical Advisory Committee meets once a year to discuss the past year’s activities, future projects and current needs and challenges.
- Prof. Heinz Ludwig, Director of the Wilhelminen Cancer Research Institute and Director Emeritus of the Department of Medicine I, Center of Oncology, Haematology and Palliative Care, Klinik Ottakring, Vienna, Austria.
- Prof. Roman Hájek, Vice-Rector for Strategy and Development, University of Ostrava and Head of Department of Clinical Hemato-oncology, University Hospital Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Dr. Paolo Milani, Amyloidosis Research and Treatment Center, Pavia, Italy
- Dr. Ulf-Henrik Mellqvist, Doctor at Sahlgrenska University Hospital Sweden
- Dr. Charlotte Pawlyn, Team Leader of the Myeloma Biology and Therapeutics Team and Career Development Faculty at the Institute of Cancer Research and Honorary Consultant in Haematology at the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
- Prof. Pieter Sonneveld, Professor of Haematology and Head of the Department of Haematology at the Erasmus MC Cancer Institute and Professor of Haematology at the Erasmus University of Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Prof. Michel Delforge, Physician at the Department of Haematology of University Hospital Leuven, Professor of Medicine and the Clinical Head of Haematology at the University Hospital Leuven, Belgium
- Dr. Anna Sureda, Head of the Clinical Haematology Service at the Institut Catalá d’Oncologia- Hospitalet de LLobregat in Barcelona, Spain
- Dr. Laurent Garderet, Haematologist at the Department of Haematology at Saint Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
- Dr. Moshe Gatt, Physician Researcher Haematologist at Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- Prof. Oliver Karanfilski, University Clinic for Haematology Faculty of Medicine University Sts. Cyril and Methodius, Republic of North Macedonia
- Dr. Valdas Pečeliūnas, Director of Medicine Vilnius University Hospital Santaros Klinikos, Vilnius, Lithuania
- Prof. Katja Weisel, Deputy Director and Associate Professor of Haematology/ Oncology at the Department of Oncology, Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation with Department of Pneumonology, University Medical Center Hamburg- Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
- Prof. Sonja Zweegman, Head of the Department of Haematology at the VU University Medical Center Amsterdam UMS, Netherlands
- Prof. Meral Beksac, Professor at the Department of Haematology at Ankaram University, Turkey
- Dr. Efstathios Kastritis, Associate Professor at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
- Prof. Monique Minnema, internist and haematologist at Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam and the University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Dr. Magdalena Olszewska-Szopa, Haematologist at the Department of Clinic of Haematology, Blood Neoplasms and Bone Marrow Transplantation at the Wroclaw Medical University, Poland