Myeloma Patients Europe’s Board welcomes you to the AGM 2019 candidate elections site. This year, MPE celebrates its fifth elections to the Board of Directors. Our organisation has evolved since its inception in 2012, achieving a stronger organisational structure ready to take up the challenges for the upcoming years.
By virtue of the MPE Constitution, the Board is comprised of six to nine Board members. The mandate on the Board is carried out in terms of two years. A maximum of three terms consequently are permitted. The current Board is comprised of eight Board members:
|Election 2016||Election 2017||Election 2018||Election 2019|
|1.||Brenner, Johannes||Elected (1st term)||Elected (2nd term)|
|2.||Dloomy, Ron||Elected (1st term)||Standing for re-election (2nd term)|
|3.||Dodeva, Biljana||Elected (1st term)||Standing for re-election (2nd term)|
|4.||Manninen, Riikka-Leena||Elected (1st term)|
|5.||Modic, Kristina||Elected (1st term)||Elected (2nd term)|
|6.||Kotschi, Lisa||Elected (1st term)|
|7.||Scheurer, Hans||Elected (1st term)||Elected (2nd term)|
|8.||Slomkowski, Roman||Elected (1st term)|
Two of MPE’s current Board members (Ron Dloomy and Biljana Dodeva) will stand for re-election on 17.03.2019.
Board member profile
It is highly desirable that the Board is comprised of a mix of professionals that have expertise in the relevant work areas of the organisation. This will ensure the Board is aligned to the organisation strategy and supports high quality decision-making by ensuring there are individuals with the relevant experience to guide discussions.
Those with a personal interest in the organisation such as patients with the relevant expertise should be encouraged to consider standing for election to the Board
The following features are desirable for MPE Board members:
Any person wishing to present their candidacy to the Board should meet the following criteria:
- Read, write and communicate fluent in English language
- Listen, analyse and think clearly and creatively
- Work well with other people both individually and in a group
- Prepare for and participate in board and committee meetings
- Ask questions
- Take responsibility and follow through on a given assignment
- Open up doors in the community and to potential sources of income
- Develop certain skills if they do not already possess them, such as: Cultivate and solicit potential funds, cultivate and identify potential board members and other volunteers
- Read and understand financial statements
- Learn more about the internal rules, programmes and services of MPE
- Honesty, sensitivity and a tolerance of differing views
- A friendly, responsive and positive approach
- A genuine concern for the development and work of MPE
- Candidate standing for election
- A list of candidates will be sent to members one month prior to the AGM at which the election will take place
- All candidates must submit a written presentation of their candidacy in time and in the format requested
- Candidates must present themselves in person at the AGM immediately prior to the vote
- Whenever a candidate cannot attend in person, the Board will have the final decision on whether a candidacy may be presented or not
- In exceptional circumstances, the candidate may ask the Board to accept a replacement or alternative means (e.g. video). This will only be possible if felt appropriate by the Board
- The voting procedure
- Only full members who are present or represented by proxy at the AGM can vote
- The election will be by secret ballot
- Members will be given blank ballots and invited to tick the names of their preferred candidates
- The ballots will be counted by two individuals appointed by the AGM who have no interest in the election result
- Ballot papers that are blank or not readable will be discarded
- The candidates who receive the highest number of votes will be deemed elected. The number of candidates elected will depend on the number of board positions available
- To become elected as member of the Board, a candidate must receive at least 25% of the votes of members present or represented by proxy
- In the event of a tied vote between two or more candidates, a second round of voting will be organised. This will only involve the candidates who were not elected in the first round. Rounds of voting will continue until all the positions are filled.
The newly elected Board members will start their term of office immediately after their election.
If you match the profile described above please fill in the candidate form by 14 February 2019.