- Position: Finance Officer
- Type: Part-Time ( 3 days/per week)
- Location: Remote. Must be based in Germany.
- Department: Finance and Operations
Myeloma Patients Europe is seeking an experienced Finance Officer to oversee the financial operations of Myeloma Patients Europe. Please send your CV and Cover Letter at firstname.lastname@example.org
As Finance Officer, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our financial transactions and procedures, work closely with the leadership team on budget planning and reporting, and take a lead on the finance strength and sustainability of the organisation.
- Participation in budget planning and staff cost planning
- Monitoring incoming funding and expenditures against budget plans
- Analysing financial data and highlighting potential financial issues
- Responsible for processing of incoming and outgoing invoices
- Evaluation of existing process and tools and implementation of new procedures to improve invoicing and automation of financial analysis and reporting
- Preparing financial reports for the Board of Directors
- Preparing financial reports for public funded projects (Horizon 2020), public-private initiatives (IMI), and other special collaborations (pharmaceutical industries)
- Preparing financial and hourly progress reports for projects and aligning with project leaders
- Preparing timesheets for public funded projects based on a time-recording system
- Help with administrative matters related to public funding and public-private partnerships if needed
- Using the EU portal for Public funded projects for administrative and financial purposes.
- Liaising with the accountant as a first point of contact and for the purposes of preparatory accounting.
- Allocating invoices to projects and account numbers
- Ensuring the MPE staff team accurately and regularly records work hours in the time recording system (toggl)
- Preparation of the staff cost split based on the worked hours for the accountant
What we are looking for
- Strong experience in Finance management of a small-sized company
- Experience in Budget and staff cost planning
- Experience in implementation of financial tools in small or medium-sized companies
- Analytical thinking and a structured way of working
- Presenting complicated issues in an understandable way
- Advanced Excel skills (formulas, pivot tables, Graphic analysis)
- Excellent handling of Microsoft tools
- Fluency in English and German required
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of EU tax law is desirable but not a requirement
About the employer
Myeloma Patients Europe (MPE) is a leading non-profit, European myeloma and AL amyloidosis patient advocacy organisation.
As an umbrella organisation representing 48 myeloma and AL amyloidosis patient groups across Europe, we collaborate with members to advocate for meaningful patient involvement throughout the drug development process, access to the best possible treatment, and improved outcomes and quality of life for patients.
MPE achieves this by generating evidence to understand patient needs, strengthening members with the support and information required to advocate effectively, and collaborating with important stakeholders on projects that benefit the patient community
- An exciting position in a leading European non-profit organisation in the emerging fields of patient-centred healthcare and patient advocacy, working together with key patient advocacy leaders across Europe.
- A part-time, permanent position with flexible hours and the opportunity to work with internationally leading researchers to improve patient care.
- The opportunity to integrate into a small, passionate, dynamic and multi-cultural team working from different European cities. Having a positive and collaborative working environment is very important to all of us at MPE and we want you to be part of it!