Myeloma Patients Europe (MPE) held its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 29 March 2022, where MPE members were invited to discuss present and future MPE projects, vote on the annual budget, and hold board elections. Five members of the current board stepped down either due to reaching the maximum number of terms or for personal reasons: Hans Scheurer, Johannes Brenner and Kristina Modic (first elected in 2016) and Roman Slomkowski (2018) and Nikita E.Shklovskiy-Kordi (2020)
MPE wants to deeply thank these members for their work and commitment during their time of service and their contribution to improving myeloma and AL amyloidosis patients’ lives.
As a result of the elections, five new members were chosen to complete the MPE board: Ananda Plate (former MPE CEO), Riikka-Leena Manninen (standing for re-election), Barbara Leonardi, Diane Loening-Martens and Zvi Zilberman.
The current MPE board includes:
- Ron Dloomy, patient advocate. Independent (Israel)
- Biljana Dodeva, patient advocate. Borka (Macedonia)
- Riikka-Leena Manninen, myeloma patient and patient advocate. Suomen Syöpäpotilaat ry (Finland)
- Lise-Lott Eriksson, myeloma carer and patient advocate. Swedish Blood Cancer Association (Sweden)
- Ananda Plate, cancer patient, carer and patient advocate. Independent (Germany)
- Barbara Leonardi, myeloma patient and patient advocate. Carita Foundation (Poland)
- Diane Loening-Martens, Carer and patient advocate. AMM-Online (Germany)
- Zvi Zilberman, Myeloma patient and patient advocate. Amen (Israel)
Board members’ roles will be decided at the next board meeting in July. To bridge the transitional period, Hans Scheurer will remain as MPE president until a new president is elected by the board. Learn more about the current MPE board here.