Last March, a number of hematology patient associations, including Myeloma Patients Europe (MPE), coordinated by the Acute Leukemia Advocates Network, wrote a letter to the American Society of Hematology (ASH) that patient advocates need free access to the ASH Annual meeting. The message was heard and non-profit patient advocates (employees and volunteers) from registered patient organisations can now apply to attend the 63rd ASH Annual Meeting in December.
We strongly encourage you to apply or nominate someone so that the patient community is a visible and active part of this important congress. Below you will find the eligibility criteria and registration link:
Eligible individuals must apply online, and work or volunteer for national or international non-profit patient advocacy organisations that meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a charitable mission related to hematology
- Engage in patient advocacy activities and/or provide programs, services, information, and/or support for people affected by a hematologic disorder. In general, the organization’s website should contain information on one or more of the following:
- Patient education
- Clinical trials and research
- Legislative activity, funding, and advocacy
- Meetings and other disease-centered activities
- New drugs and treatment programs
- External resources that are useful for patients
Please note that organisations that offer continuing medical education or scientific programs for medical or research professionals are not eligible. Similarly, this program is not intended for medical or scientific research professionals, academic institutions, other professional societies, research or charitable foundations, industry corporations, or governmental entities.
Only one recipient each non-profit patient advocacy organization will be approved.
Click here to apply.