The world’s largest haematology conference will be held virtually this year from the 5th to 8th of December. Despite the difficulties and limitations posed by the coronavirus pandemic, this year’s American Society of Haematology Annual Meeting will feature , more than 200 abstracts in myeloma and AL amyloidosis.
Newly emerging treatments for myeloma such as CAR-T, CELMoDs, bispecific T-cell engagers, and new data on existing combinations will be some of the topics presented during the conference. MPE anticipates the myeloma and AL amyloidosis highlights will include data focused on:
- Results of the Universal study on: allogeneic anti-BCMA ALLO-715 and the anti-CD52 ALLO-647 CAR T therapy in relapsed/refractory myeloma patients. Read the abstract here.
- Survival analysis of newly diagnosed transplant-eligible myeloma patients in the randomized FORTE trial. Read the abstract here.
- Results of an initial clinical activity and safety of BFCR4350A, a T-Cell-Engaging Bispecific Antibody, in relapsed/refractory myeloma patients. Read the abstract here.
- Data on consolidation treatment with bortezomib, melphalan and prednisone (VRD) followed by maintenance therapy versus maintenance alone in newly diagnosed, transplant-eligible patients with myeloma. Read the abstract here.
- Results of the phase 3 randomized study, Apollo, of subcutaneous daratumumab plus pomalidomide and dexamethasone (D-Pd) versus pomalidomide and dexamethasone (Pd) alone in relapsed/refractory myeloma patients. Read the abstract here.
- Data on a randomized phase 2 study of weekly carfilzomib 70 mg/m2 and dexamethasone plus/minus cyclophosphamide in relapsed/refractory myeloma patients. Read the abstract here.
- Results from the Karmma Clinical Trial on secondary quality-of-life domains in patients with relapsed and refractory myeloma treated with the BCMA-directed CAR T Cell Therapy Idecabtagene Vicleucel (ide-cel; bb2121). Read the abstract here.
- Data on symptom burden in transplant ineligible patients with newly diagnosed myeloma: a population-based study of Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs). Read the abstract here.
- Results from the phase 1 dose finding study of belantamab mafodotin in combination with pomalidomide and dexamethasone for the treatment of relapsed/refractory myeloma patients. Read the abstract here.
- Patient’s Preference for Making Informed Treatment Decisions Confidently: results from a large myeloma patient survey across 12 Countries in Europe and Israel. Read the abstract here. Myeloma Patients Europe (MPE) is one of the authors of this abstract. MPE wants to extend a heartfelt thank-you to every patient who participated and to our members for their valuable assistance in reviewing and disseminating the survey in their country.
- Results of first glimpse on Real-World Efficacy Outcomes for 2000 patients with AL amyloidosis in Europe: A Retrospective Observational Multicenter Study by the European Myeloma Network (EMN). Read the abstract here.
- Results of a phase 2 study of isatuximab for patients with previously treated AL Amyloidosis. Read the abstract here.
- Data on safety, tolerability and efficacy of Cael-101 in AL Amyloidosis patients treated on a phase 2, open-label, dose selection study to evaluate the safety and tolerability of Cael-101 in patients with AL Amyloidosis. Read the abstract here.
MPE will be attending this important scientific conference virtually, and provide updates regularly on our social media channels and website throughout the congress. Look out for videos as we will also be filming interviews with top myeloma experts in different languages to explain many of the important updates presented at the conference.
You can see the ASH 2020 agenda and abstracts here.
Ensure you follow @MyelomaEurope and #ASH20 on twitter and on Facebook to see up-to-date developments.