We are seeking a Patient Advocacy Programme Manager to join our growing team!
Are you ready for a new challenge in a forward-thinking, growing non-profit organisation with a desire to truly make a difference for European myeloma patients? You will be responsible for leading on our exciting, diverse programmes of work in order to grow MPE in line with our mission, values and objectives.
- Full-time (40h/week)
- Travel: Approx. 20 days of travel per year
- Salary: 35.000-40.000 EUR GROSS
- Location: Munich, Germany.
- Reporting to: CEO
You will build upon the foundation of MPE’s current patient advocacy training and associated programme of work, and oversee the development and implementation of a blended training curriculum that includes webinars, readings and in-person advocacy training.
You will also assist in the planning and development of events and workshops with external partners.
This includes the management and oversight of the following key workstreams:
- MPE Advocate Development Programme – The pioneering Advocate Development Programme (ADP) is a training programme directed to myeloma advocates with the aim of providing them with the skills and knowledge that any myeloma patient advocate should have regarding key areas, such as the drug development process, when interacting with the other relevant stakeholders.
- MPE Scholarship and Capacity Building Programme – MPE offers the Scholarship and Capacity Building Programme, through which we invite member organisations to submit applications for an activity they want to implement to benefit the patient community in their country.
- MPE Webinars
- Legal Agreements with Pharmaceutical Companies – This project aims to streamline the legal framework between the patient community and the pharmaceutical industry, providing guidance for the content of legal contracts while maintaining reasonable safeguards for both contractual parties.
- Organisation and oversight of all coordination of the Myeloma Community Advisory Board (CAB) including logistics, content coordination, fundraising, preparation materials and meetings, documentation and reporting, and related communication with CAB Members and industry partners.
Essential duties and responsibilities relating to the MPE Educational and capacity building programmes:
- Refresh and update content of programmes in both MPE Advocate Development and MPE Scholarship and Capacity Building programmes
- Regularly solicit and integrate feedback of patient advocates and external experts
- Assist in the planning and development of events
- Participate in departmental meetings
- Attend events as requested and represent the organisation
- Other duties as assigned
This list is non-exhaustive and subject to change depending on the needs of the organisation.
Additional skills and abilities
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple tasks and associated priority levels
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail while being committed to producing accurate and high-quality written deliverables
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a flexible, proactive way, and in both a virtual and office environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with individuals across all organizational levels
- Proven experience in maintaining project schedules, documentation, communications and meeting deadlines
- Ability to write reports and professional business correspondence inclusive of PowerPoint presentations
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, with native-level English language.
Education and/or experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 3+ years of professional experience required
- Relevant experience in patient advocacy and engagement programs, or relevant non-profit / healthcare associated organisations
- Knowledgeable regarding Microsoft Office products
Please send your CV and supporting cover letter to email@example.com
About Myeloma Patients Europe
Myeloma Patients Europe (MPE) is an umbrella organisation of myeloma patient groups and associations from across Europe. MPE is dedicated to improving the treatment, care and quality of life of patients with myeloma and AL Amyloidosis. To this end, the main goals of the organisation are:
- Collaborating on projects to the benefit of the myeloma community.
- Exchanging information and best practice.
- Developing existing patient groups and encouraging and facilitating the setting up of new groups.
- Helping to shape appropriate health-related policies and initiatives on a European and national level.
- Ensuring patients across Europe receive timely access to new treatment.
- Stimulating and promoting patient-centred research and clinical trials.
- Developing a strong evidence base for the needs and wants of patients and their role in research.
Providing information, educational and outreach programmes to member groups.
MPE acts as an umbrella organisation for 48 national myeloma patient groups from across 30 European countries. The team currently consists of six people working from different European countries. Find here more information about the Executive Office.