More than 900 myeloma abstracts (posters and oral sessions) will be presented in the largest world congress of hematology: the American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting 2019 that will be held from 7 to 10 December 2019 in Orlando, Florida, USA.
Clinical trials exploring novel immunotherapies, new drug combinations and CAR-T cell therapy in myeloma will be some of the topics presented on during the meeting. MPE anticipates the myeloma and AL amyloidosis highlights will include data focused on:
- Results of Dreamm-3, a phase 3, randomized study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of belantamab mafodotin (GSK2857916) monotherapy, a new immunotherapy in myeloma known as an antibody-drug conjugate
- Evaluation of the prognostic value of Positron Emission Tomography-Computed Tomography (PET-CT – a scanning technique in myeloma) at diagnosis and follow-up in transplant-eligible newly diagnosed myeloma patients treated in the phase 3 Cassiopeia study
- A number of different BCMA targeted CAR-T cell products in myeloma
- Results of GEM-CESAR for high-risk smouldering myeloma: looking at carfilzomib, lenalidomide and dexamethasone (KRd) as an induction treatment followed by high dose therapy with autologous stem cell transplantation (HDT-ASCT), consolidation with KRd and maintenance with lenalidomide and dexamethasone (Rd)
- Primary Results from the phase 3 Tourmaline-AL1 Trial of Ixazomib-Dexamethasone versus physician’s choice of therapy in patients with Relapsed/Refractory Primary Systemic AL Amyloidosis (RRAL). Ixazomib is an oral proteasome inhibitory in myeloma (similar to bortezomib) which is being explored as a viable treatment in AL amyloidosis.
- Results of the clinical trial Candor that compares the combination carfilzomib, dexamethanose and daratumumab for the treatment of Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma (RRMM) versus carfilzomib and dexamethasone.
Myeloma Patients Europe (MPE) will be attending this important scientific meeting, filming interviews with top myeloma experts in different languages to explain the updates presented in the conference and posting updates regularly on our social media pages and website throughout the congress. Would like to know more details about what MPE will do at ASH? Watch the video below.
You can see the ASH 2019 agenda and abstracts here.
Ensure you follow @MyelomaEurope and #ASH19 on twitter and on Facebook to see up-to-date developments.